Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I Heart Faces - Pink

I couldn't pass this week's I Heart Faces theme up. It is "Pink" in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. My grandma died from breast cancer in the summer of '09. My entry isn't photographically great but I love it. Here it is :





This was taken on my grandma's last birthday. She was turning 61. I miss her tons.




Be sure to check out the other entries over at 
http://www.iheartfaces.com/2010/10/breast-cancer-awareness-pink-photo-contest/

4 comments:

  1. Hoping and praying that future generations won't EVER have to "know" about breast cancer (or any other type of cancer, for that matter!), except for what they'd read in textbooks.

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so mch for the comment and hugs! I completely agree with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo of an equally lovely woman....Photographically great is in the eye of the beholder anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my mom! On a day that I am missing her, it was a real treat to discover this. Thanks for bringing warmth and comfort to my day. I like it because it's not posy. It's just her. Love you, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please leave me some of your thoughts!